Chiropractic Blog

BBQ Grill Brush Wires Can Cause Big Health Woes.

Posted by:

BBQ Grill Brush Wires Can Cause Big Health Woes.
Summer is a great time to cook on the grill; however, using a rusty old grill brush to clean the barbecue can potentially be dangerous. Health experts from the Warren Alpert School of Medicine at Brown University warn that wire bristles from grill brushes can snap off, land on the grate, and can eventually find their way into grilled meats. If swallowed, these bristles can damage a person’s throat and digestive tract. Experts recommend that people who grill toss out their wire brush in favor of a safer options such as bristle-free brushes made of metal coil or brushes with nylon bristles.
Brown University, July 2015

0